Budget Payment Plan
The Budget Payment Plan is a free service designed to help reduce
the impact of winter heating bills by spreading your heating costs more evenly
over the year (see an example). And, to make paying your gas bill truly
hassle-free, you can opt to pay your budget amount through Automatic Payment.
Reduce the impact of unstable natural gas prices
Spread your winter heating costs over a full year
- Know how much you can expect to pay each month
- Have more money available over the winter holidays
Here's how it works
The budget year runs from May through April. If you
choose to enroll after the beginning of the budget year, we'll simply
spread your projected costs over fewer months.
We calculate your budget payment amount by reviewing the gas usage
history at your address, 20-year normal weather, and the present and estimated
cost of natural gas. Sometimes, weather conditions and swings in the price of
natural gas can have an unexpected impact on your gas usage and your actual
bill amount. We'll review your budget account in December, and will adjust your
payment, if necessary, to keep you on track with your actual balance as much as possible.
- Easier budgeting -- It's hard to
budget household expenses when your gas bill goes up and down with
seasonal gas use. With the Budget Payment Plan, you'll know how much to
expect to pay each month.
- Convenience -- The budget payment plan is a free customer service that spreads the cost of winter heating bills more evenly over the year.
- Plan ahead -- We all know that
bigger bills are sure to come when cold weather hits, so summer is the
time to look ahead and get prepared. The amount of your monthly budget
for the coming year is shown on your May bill. Get a head start on
winter bills by paying the budget amount then instead of the amount due
for current charges.
- Accurate billing -- We review your
account as the year progresses so we can adjust your budget amount, if
necessary, to keep you on track with your account account balance as
closely as possible.
Three easy ways to enroll
- To join at the beginning of the budget year, simply
pay the budget amount shown on your May bill and you'll be automatically
enrolled in the program.
- You can also enroll online anytime. Just log in to your account to find out what your budget amount will be and follow the easy steps to enroll.
- You can also enroll by phone anytime by calling our
automated self-service phone system, Columbia Gas, at